Mar 6, 2010

Yorkie, Not for Girls!



I went to the Old Firehall Confectionery on Main Street Unionville this weekend and found the Yorkie "Not for Girls" chocolate bar. Sexist ! How can a candy bar discriminate against females? I wanted to buy it just so I can say "Hah, I'm a girl and I bought it". I quickly realized if I did, I'm doing exactly what they want and succumbing to their marketing gimmick. That whole reverse psychology thing isn't going to work on me. I'm too smart for that, right?


I have three theories of how this whole grand idea materialized:

1)
I'm almost 99% sure that a group of misogynistic neanderthals whose motto is "bros before hoes" came up with this whole concept.

2)That, or a support group consisting of extremely bitter, whipped and emasculated married men that cower at the sound of their wive's voice. "Take that wifey, this is the part of my life you CAN'T take away from me. OK dear, I'm sorry. I won't raise my voice at you again and you can have some."

3)A bunch of male die-hard chocolate lovers that are tired of chocolate being associated with women. They too, men, love to gorge in chocolate during moments of emotional eating. This derivative of the lovely cocoa bean also serves as an aphrodisiac for them. Simply put, this is basically their attempt to rightfully reclaim what's theirs. The chocolate bar.

Okay, so my theories are a bit far fetched, completely absurd and made up haha. Or are they?


This candy bar is quite chunky. Maybe the creators thought "we'll make this chocolate bar brimming with masculinity by making it extra chunky so it can't fit into a girl's dainty little mouth". Oh, the joke's on you Yorkie, we've had larger things in our mouths. For example, ice cream bars, bananas, sandwiches etc. Hmm what were YOU thinking pervs? Get your mind out of the gutter!


I read the label and it contains 21.5 grams of fat. Maybe it really isn't for girls because the fat content alone turned me off. For 21 grams of fat, I rather eat a McDonald's 9 piece chicken nuggets or a quarter pounder.

By the way, this weekend was so nice and sunny. Summer, come faster!

2 comments:

  1. Great article! That is the type of info that are meant to
    be shared around the internet. Shame on Google for now not positioning this put
    up higher! Come on over and visit my web site .
    Thank you =)

    Also visit my blog post; diet pills

    ReplyDelete